If you are a chocolate lover, but struggle to eat healthy foods and prevent allergies, egg intolerances, or animal products in general, it seems that you should just forget about the delicious taste of chocolate cakes!
Well, this is so untrue!
We will reveal the recipe of an egg-free, dairy-free, healthy chocolate cake, rich in healthy fats and nutrients! Avocados consist of 73% water, 15% fat, 8.5% carbohydrates (mostly fibers) and 2% protein, and half an avocado has 109 calories.
This delicious fruit offers numerous health benefits, such as:
- Avocadoes are high in fiber, which helps weight loss and prevents blood sugar spikes
- They are rich in potassium, and 100 grams provide 14% of the RD. It lowers blood pressure and thus reduces the risk of kidney failure, stroke, and heart attacks.
- Avocados are rich in nutrients – Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Copper, Phosphorous, Zinc, Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin B6 and B5, Vitamin E, Manganese, Thiamine, Riboflavin and Iron.
- Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Significantly lower total cholesterol levels
- Lower blood triglycerides by up to 20%.
- Reduce LDL cholesterol by up to 22%.
- Raise HDL (the “good”) cholesterol by up to 11%.
- Avocadoes contain antioxidants like Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are vital for eye health and eyesight.
- Avocados are loaded with good fat and nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E and K, and antioxidants such as carotenoids that are “fat soluble,” so they need to be combined with fat in order to be utilized.
Avocados have been consumed for over 10,000 years when people used them in central Mexico. They are rich in water, that gives their softness, and monounsaturated fats, that provide the creamy and smooth texture, ideal for baked goods.
To use an avocado in baking instead of butter or eggs, just remove its pit and skin, scoop it into a food processor or blender and prepare a smooth puree.
Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to each cup to prevent the oxidizing. You will need a cup of avocado for a cup of butter. Add 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup mashed avocado for each egg.
Now, try this recipe and enjoy a piece of this mouth-watering moist chocolate cake with avocados:
- 1 ripe avocado (blend until smooth)
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 5 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of avocado or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados (blend until smooth)
- 6 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of confection sugar
You should preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour two 9” round cake pans. Then, mix the dry cake ingredients in a larger bowl, except for the sugar.
Next, combine the wet cake ingredients in another bowl, and add the sugar. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and mix it well altogether to get a smooth butter. Then, divide it into the two pans, and bake for half an hour.
In one bowl, mix the frosting ingredients, and when the cake is baked, leave it to cool for 20 minutes, and then frost it.