Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition caused by the accumulation of cells on the skin surface as a result of their accelerated life cycle. It is characterized by itchy patches of thick, red skin, often on the scalp, back, elbows, and knees.
However, they can be relieved and treated in a natural way, and these are the most effective treatments:
- A Psoriasis Diet
If you suffer from psoriasis, you should follow a healthy diet, full of anti-inflammatory foods, such as:
- Probiotic Foods: They help digestion, strengthen immunity, and treat inflammation. These include kombucha, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi.
- Foods Rich In Zinc: These foods, such as kefir, seeds, and chickpeas, soothe joint pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: The active ingredient of this miraculous spice, curcumin, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- High-fiber Foods: These foods, like beans, seeds, fruits, and vegetables, help digestion and detoxify the body.
- Foods High In Vitamin A: This vitamin plays an essential role in skin health, so make sure you increase the intake of kale, tomatoes, cantaloupe, carrots, and mango.
- Vitamin D3: The daily intake of 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 will treat psoriasis symptoms by decelerating growth of skin cells.
- Milk Thistle: To help the cleansing of the liver and regulate cellular growth, take 250 milligrams of milk thistle three times daily.
- Hydrochloric acid: To soothe the flare-ups and support the digestion of protein, take 1-3 capsules of hydrochloric acid with meals.
- Probiotics: To treat digestive issues and boost the helpful bacteria in the gut, make sure you consume 50 billion units of probiotics daily.
- Lavender Oil: Its soothing properties will calm the skin and heal it.
- Frankincense Oil: It relieves psoriasis symptoms since it has strong natural antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil treats inflammation and improves the health of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: It moisturizes the skin and fights inflammation.
- Myrrh Oil: Myrrh oil relieves the chapped, flaky and cracked skin areas.
To treat the psoriasis lesions on the scalp, mix a few teaspoons of Vitamin E oil or Aloe Vera with a drop of peppermint, lavender, or tea tree oil, and massage the scalp with it. Leave it to act for an hour, and then wash it off.
Exercise reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. Also, make sure you keep the body hydrated by drinking enough water.
- Natural Topical Remedies
Natural skin care products can help you soothe psoriasis symptoms and treat inflammation. You can try aloe (0.5 percent) cream, Oregon grape (10 percent) cream, avocado and Vitamin B12 cream and.
- Reduce Stress
Stress triggers psoriasis flare-ups, so you need to find a way to reduce it and prevent inflammatory immune system responses. You can walk in nature, read, exercise, meditate, or o whatever relaxes you.
- Alternative Treatments
Psoriasis symptoms can also be improved by homeopathic treatments, such as acupuncture, which boosts blood circulation to promote healing.
Other included sources linked in David Wolfe’s article:
University Health News
Smart Psoriasis Diet
Natural Psoriasis Treatments
Essential Oil Benefits
Mind Body Green