Our bodies crave for an occasional detox treatment, as it boosts numerous bodily functions and cleanses the body of the accumulated toxins and waste.
When you choose for a soup detox, you should know that you will thus enhance the function of the kidneys, liver, gut, skin, lymphatic system, strengthen the immune system, and help digestion.
Today, we are suggesting a healthy and delicious soup cleanse, which will provide all these benefits. You should eat 5-6 bowls of soup daily, and drink lots of water.
These are the ingredient principles you need to follow:
- You should prepare a miso, bone, or vegetable broth.
- Add starchy veggies such as beets, potatoes, acorn squash, parsnips, etc.
- Add fibrous veggies such as onions, leeks, kale, spinach, zucchini, carrots, etc.
- Add proteins, like lentils, nuts, beans
- Add spices such as cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic, etc.
- You can also add ghee, coconut, avocado, or olive oil, etc.
We suggest three delicious soup recipes:
Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 c bone or vegetable broth
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon collagen (optional)
- Sea salt, black pepper, and onion to taste
In a pan, add the garlic, carrots, and ginger, bring it to boil and then leave it to simmer. Sauté the onions, add the ghee, and cook until you get a caramel-like mixture. Add it to a blender together with the broth, blend, add the coconut milk, and season.
Red Lentil Soup
- 1/2 c red lentils, rinsed
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ¼ c coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 c bone or vegetable broth
- 1-inch ginger root, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream (optional)
On a medium heat, warm up the olive oil in a pot, and add the onion, carrots, apple, and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Next, add the broth, lentils, ginger, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and boil the soup. Leave it to simmer for half an hour, and when it thickens, add some coconut cream.
Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- 1 c kale or spinach
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 c vegetable or bone broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
In a pot, heat the oil, and add the onion, celery, and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, add the broth, and all the other ingredients, and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes, or until it thickens.