Beets are extremely healthy root vegetables that have powerful medicinal properties which offer relief in the case of various ailments and diseases.
Their red color is due to the anthocyanins they contain, which also provide anti-cancer properties.
They are also high in betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory agent that improves heart health, as well as essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, iodine, magnesium, vitamins B1, B2, B12 and C, copper, iron, and phosphorus.
Therefore, they offer the following health benefits:
- They detoxify the body
- Beets regulate cholesterol levels
- They protect the blood vessels
- They boost digestion, as they are rich in cellulose, antioxidants, and pectin
- Beets support the healthy function of the liver and prevent fatty liver disease
- They boost blood flow
- Beets fight anemia
- They slow down aging
- Beets boost stamina, performance, and endurance
You can choose to consume beets raw, juiced, baked, or cooked.
Yet, remember not to throw away the leaves, as they are abundant in potassium. (644 mg. per ½ a cup). Researchers have shown that foods rich in potassium, and low in sodium, reduce the risk of heart diseases and stroke risk by 21%.
Enjoy the specific taste of beets and support your health in many ways!